Monday, February 8, 2010

The long days.

The last few days have been eventful, and for that reason, I could not post on time. You have my apologies.

However, as the days went on, I realized several things:

1) I need to organize my daily life better.
2) I write drama. I don't want to live it.
3) I have spent far too much time living in the past.

Organization comes to many things, but most recently it comes to my interaction with others. I need to plan better when things need planning, choose better when choosing words, and discern better when things need to be sorted. If a situation is bigger than I can handle, I need to admit it and move on. I cannot pretend I can handle everything thrown at me, even if I can handle most of it.

Situations for attention, on another note, create social friction in a way that I will no longer tolerate. I never was a fan to begin with, but after recent events, I find that the more it surrounds me, the more I want to be away from it. I want it gone, at the bottom of the ocean with Cthulhu for company. No matter how great or small the package it comes in, it is not something I feel I should ever have to deal with. This can be a culmination of a number of things: attention antics, false friendship, overt wordiness. They're all tactics that mean nothing. In all cases, they should be stifled and shunned.

Sometimes these situations aren't readily apparent, and cannot be avoided. Most of the time they can be, if warning signs are noted. Depending on the situation, they are sometimes also easily fixed. I must learn how to decide which can be dealt with, and which should be pushed away. I do not feel I've done anything wrong in most recent situations, only that I could've reacted better.

I don't expect any of you to understand what I'm talking about. Not what this pertains to, anyway. This is to keep me writing, and to try to stay sane.

Tomorrow I'll be back with a regular post. Not this bullshit.

No comments: